Saturday, June 9, 2018



Favorite Things!

Today is the first day of summer break for this teacher.  The next couple months lie before me like a blank canvas filled with so many options for relaxation, productivity and enjoyment.  The grind of the work portion of the year has been put on hold.  I can get enough sleep and still have time to clean my bathroom now (or pay a kid to do it). We all need a chance to recharge and indulge in little celebrations. For me, summer is a time of restoration. Summer is a favorite thing.

Another favorite thing about summer is that I can be intentionally weird. One the first day of summer, this girl went and got some blue highlights!


Summer is also a time of gratitude.  I taught my yoga class the other day.  While teaching, I silently thanked God for my functional, if not perfect, body parts.  I even thanked Him for the ones I'm not overly fond of. Practicing gratitude softens the often critical thoughts I have toward myself or my circumstances.  Gratitude is a favorite thing (and yoga). 

Pictured below are some other favorite things. My kitty, Frodo, who is absolutely addicted to me and a never ending source of affection and amusement. He has almost learned to leave the yarn alone! A good glass of dry Riesling...this is Pacific Rim! It's refreshing and tasty! Finally...yarn! This is a portion of a sweater I'm knitting for a miscreant "nephew" of mine. Not only is the actual process of knitting relaxing and fulfilling but knitting for a loved one is extra satisfying.



Hopefully, we will all find the time to enjoy our favorite things...whatever they happen to be, whenever we can. Sometimes the little things make all the difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment