Friday, June 15, 2018

The Value of Professional Services

I recently had the opportunity to do a product shoot with a professional photographer and my experience was amazing!

In the past, in an effort to save money, my husband or daughter has taken photos for me.  Then I would take the images and edit in whatever editor I had access to at the time.  My loved ones got the job done....but they are not professionals working with professional equipment.  The other drawback is that I'm the model and I'm a spaz!  While we were able to get adequate, even good, photos...they never had that super polished professional look to them.

My experience with a professional was so different.  Not only was she able to work with my innate wiggliness but she was also great at giving direction and cues to help me pose better. AND she was super fun.  She had great ideas for shots and locations.  Before the shoot she gave me several suggestions to make the most of our session.  These were things I wouldn't have thought of such as "make sure your nails look nice" and "bring a business card". Her editing was amazing and she was really fast! 

I several beautiful images now.  Some of the images will go into patterns while others were promotional in nature.  If you're wondering who this photographer is (and you're in the Brooksville, FL area), she is Danielle Skinner.

The photographer suggested I stretch the fabric to show the stitch pattern.  
She also caught me laughing.


I love this creative shot of me....It may be my favorite from the day!

This is why she suggested I bring a business card! All my contact 
information in a pretty photo.



















Several of the other images from the shoot are to go into patterns for publication. I have previously published patterns for sale on Ravelry.

http://www.ravelry.com/people/nonconformknits

No comments:

Post a Comment