Saturday, June 2, 2018

Why Haven't I Used This Stitch Before!

I have just started a new project with a skein of yarn I purchased in Kalamazoo last summer.  I have a terrible habit of buying yarn when I travel...only one or two skeins, which means I later have to figure out what accessory I should knit up with it.  The yarn is a beautiful hand dyed merino wool with a fair amount of yardage for worsted weight.  I settled on making an infinity scarf with it.

This trick was then finding a stitch pattern that would emphasize the beautiful color variations in the yarn. After some searching I came across the linen stitch, a simple slipped stitch pattern that creates a lovely textured pattern.  The bonus is that the "wrong side" also has a cool pattern!

As my scarf is an infinity scarf, I'm working it in the round.  I chose size 9 needles because the linen stitch creates a dense fabric.  The adapted pattern is as follows:

R1: *K1, slp 1 wyif, repeat to end.
R2: *slp 1 wyif, K1, repeat to end.

I will post a full pattern when my sample is complete. This is how it looks so far!  The second photo shows the texture on both sides.





No comments:

Post a Comment